RRJ Insurance Group Ltd. O/A KRGinsure is committed to providing a barrier-free environment for all stakeholders, including our clients, employees, job applicants, suppliers, and any visitors who may enter our premises, access our information, or use our services. As an organization, we respect and uphold the requirements set forth under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, and its associated regulations.
RRJ Insurance Group understands that we have a responsibility for ensuring a safe, dignified, and welcoming environment for everyone. We are committed to ensuring our organization’s compliance by incorporating accessibility legislation into our policies, procedures, equipment requirements, training, and best practices. We will review these policies and practices annually, as organizational changes occur, or in anticipation of compliance deadlines. In addition, we will strive to meet the needs of individuals with disabilities in a timely and effective manner.
Providing an accessible and barrier-free environment is a shared effort, and we are committed as an organization to working with the necessary parties to make accessibility a reality for all.
To make reasonable efforts to ensure that policies, procedures, and practices, pertaining to the provision of goods and services to the public and other third parties, align with the independence, dignity, integration and equal opportunity guiding principles, as set out in Bill 118.
RRJ Insurance Group values excellence in customer service for everyone who may benefit from our goods and services. This policy supports the principles as it provides respectful services that focus on the unique needs of each individual. This policy enables RRJ Insurance Group to ensure that persons with disabilities have access to accessible and exceptional customer service.
RRJ Insurance Group Limited is committed to excellence in serving all customers including people with disabilities and we will carry out our functions and responsibilities in the following areas:
- We will communicate with people with disabilities in ways that consider their disability
- We will train staff who communicate with customers on how to interact and communicate with people with various types of disabilities
- Incorporate other ways of publishing information beyond traditional printing whenever possible, including audio format/ digital audio format, Braille (where possible), videos easy-to-read or more simplified summaries of materials for people with developmental or intellectual disabilities
- We are committed to providing fully accessible telephone service to our customers. We will train staff to communicate with customers over the telephone in clear and plain language and to speak clearly and slowly
- We will offer to communicate with customers by email, TTY (where possible), relay services, etc., if telephone communication is not suitable to their communication needs or is not available
- We are committed to serving people with disabilities who use assistive devices to obtain, use or benefit from our goods and services.
- We will ensure that our staff are trained and familiar with various assistive devices that may be used by customers with disabilities while accessing our goods or services
- We are committed to providing accessible invoices to all of our customers. For this reason, invoices will be available in the following formats upon request: hard copy, large print, e-mail, etc.
- We will answer any questions customers may have about the content of the invoice in person, by telephone or email as required
Use of service animals and support persons:
- We are committed to welcoming people with disabilities who are accompanied by a service animal on the parts of our premises that are open to the public and other third parties. We will also ensure that all staff, volunteers and others dealing with the public are properly trained in how to interact with people with disabilities who are accompanied by a service animal
- We are committed to welcoming people with disabilities who are accompanied by a support person. Any person with a disability who is accompanied by a support person will be allowed to enter RRJ Insurance Group’s premises with his or her support person. At no time will a person with a disability who is accompanied by a support person be prevented from having access to his or her support person while on our premises
Notice of temporary disruption:
- RRJ Insurance Group Limited will do all possible to provide customers with notice in the event of a planned or unexpected disruption in the facilities or services usually used by people with disabilities. This notice will include information about the reason for the disruption, its anticipated duration, and a description of alternative facilities or services, if available
- The notice will be placed at all public entrances and service counters or reception on our premises
Training for staff:
- RRJ Insurance Group Limited will provide training to all employees, volunteers and others who deal with the public or other third parties on their behalf, and all those who are involved in the development and approvals of customer service policies, practices and procedures
- This training will be provided within the first 60 days after an employee commences employment with RRJ Insurance Group
Training will include the following:
- The purposes of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the requirements of the customer service standard
- How to interact and communicate with people with various types of disabilities
- How to interact with people with disabilities who use an assistive device or require the assistance of a service animal or a support person
- How to use the TTY, wheelchair lifts, etc. that are available on provider’s premises or otherwise that may help with the provision of goods or services to people with disabilities
- What to do if a person with a disability is having difficulty in accessing RRJ Insurance Group’s goods and services
- RRJ Insurance Group Limited’s policies, practices and procedures relating to the customer service standard
- Employees will be trained on policies, practices and procedures that affect the way goods and services are provided to people with disabilities. Staff will also be trained on an ongoing basis when changes are made to these policies, practices and procedures.
Modifications to this or other policies:
We are committed to developing customer service policies that respect and promote the dignity and independence of people with disabilities. Therefore, no changes will be made to this policy before considering the impact on people with disabilities. Any policy of RRJ Insurance Group Limited that does not respect and promote the dignity and independence of people with disabilities will be modified or removed.
RRJ includes all individuals in our hiring practices and will arrange for the provision of a suitable accommodation to meet with an applicant’s accessibility needs due to disability, upon request.
Our job postings include the following:
RRJ Insurance Group Ltd is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a workplace reflecting the diversity of the communities it serves. While we thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. If contacted for an interview, please inform us should an accommodation be required.
If/when a current employee with a disability asks for accommodation, RRJ will work with the employee to meet their personal needs in order for them to perform their job.
With respect to emergency situations, if an employee with a disability needs assistance, RRJ will work with the employee to establish a specific and individualized plan (with the employee’s consent) in order to assist them in event of an emergency.
- The goal of RRJ Insurance Group Limited is to meet and exceed customer expectations in serving customers with disabilities. Comments on our services regarding how well those expectations are being met are welcome and appreciated
- Feedback regarding the way RRJ Insurance Group Limited provides goods and services to people with disabilities can be made by mail, e-mail, or telephone. All feedback will be directed to the Human Resources Manager. Customers can expect to hear back in 3 to 5 business days with regard to their feedback or inquiry
RRJ Insurance Group will make written information and other forms of communication accessible, upon request. If a person with a disability asks for accessible information, we will work with them to find a way and means to provide them.
If a person with a disability asks for accessible information or requires communication supports, we will work with them to figure out how to meet their needs and will provide information in a timely manner to the best of our ability.
There may be occasion when we do not. or cannot, make information accessible, such as:
- it is not technically possible to convert a document to an accessible format (if this is the case, we will explain and provide a short summary instead)
- the information comes from another organization
- we don’t control the information
- the information can be found on products or product labels
Accessibility Compliance Report
A copy of our compliance report is available for download:
Our Multi-Year Accessibility Plan is available for download: